A notary public is a state public official who is authorized to witness the signing of documents and verify the identity of the signers. Notaries are required to be impartial and to ensure the documents being signed are notarized per California notarial laws.
There are many benefits when you decide to hire a mobile notary to notarize your personal documents. Here are just a few:
- Convenience. Mobile notaries come to you, so you don’t have to visit a notary’s office. This can save you time and hassle, especially if you have a busy schedule or limited mobility.
- Flexibility. Mobile notaries are available during off-hours and on weekends, so you can get your documents notarized when convenient for your schedule.
- Security. Mobile notaries are appointed by the state, background checked, bonded and insured, so you can be sure that your documents are in safe hands.
- Affordability. Mobile notary fees are typically lower than the fees charged by notary offices.
If you need to have a document notarized, consider using American River Notary & Apostille in Auburn, CA. They have reputable notary experts who will travel to wherever you are!
Our American River Notary & Apostille benefits of hiring a mobile notary
- Local Pickup and Delivery in Auburn, CA and surrounding areas
- Experienced in all facets of notary services
- Specializes in Estate Planning as a Certified Trust Delivery Agent
- Experience with all types of Loan Documents, Modifications, HELOCs, Purchases
- Local to Auburn, Colfax, Roseville, Rocklin, Citrus Heights, Lincoln, Loomis, Newcastle, Sacramento
- Local to Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, Sutter Roseville Medical Hospital, Kaiser
- Experience with Power of Attorney, Trust and Estate Planning, Contacts, Real Estate Transactions, Immigration documents and Adoptions
- Operating Since 2012
Make an appointment today by calling (530) 354-2400 or visiting us online at americanrivernotary during the day or late at night to schedule or learn more about having your documents notarized.
When Might I Need a Traveling Notary, and How Does It Work?
A notary public is a person certified by the state who travels to meet you instead of you coming to them. They are often used for verifying and certifying document signatures, taking acknowledgments, and administering oaths and affirmations. When a document is notarized, it means that a notary public has signed and stamped it as proof of authenticity, which is often required for document legalization, such as contracts, deeds, and powers of attorney.
This is especially helpful if you have a busy schedule and don’t have time to find an office or wait in line at the courthouse – simply have a notary travel to wherever you are and get the job done quickly and efficiently.
When meeting with a notary, here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Be prepared. Before the mobile notary arrives, ensure you have all the necessary documents ready. This includes the document that needs to be notarized, as well as any other required documentation, such as proof of identity and residency.
- Be clear about your needs. When the mobile notary arrives, be clear about what you need them to do. This includes the type of notarization you need and the number of documents that need to be notarized.
- Be cooperative. The mobile notary is there to help you, so be cooperative and answer any questions they may have.
- Be respectful. Remember that the mobile notary is a professional, so be respectful of their time and expertise.
It is worth noting that despite the widespread familiarity with the term “notary public,” there are still many misconceptions about the role and responsibilities of these professionals. Contrary to what most people think, a notary public does not have the power to “legalize” documents or vouch for their accuracy. However, the critical function that a notary serves is verifying the identity of the person signing the document, ensuring that they are signing willingly and with understanding, and administering oaths when necessary.
What Are Some Common Uses for Mobile Notary Services for Your Personal Documents?
Here are some specific examples of how a mobile notary can be helpful for notarizing personal documents:
- When you are buying or selling a home. There are many documents that need to be notarized when buying or selling a home, including the purchase agreement, deed, and mortgage paperwork.
- When you are applying for a loan. You will need to provide the lender with proof of identity and residency.
- When you are setting up a power of attorney. A power of attorney is a legal document that gives someone else the authority to make decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated.
- When you are making a will or trust. A will or trust is a legal document that outlines your wishes for property after you die.
These are just a few examples of how a mobile notary can be helpful for personal documents. Notarizing these documents ensures that they are valid and legally enforceable.
Understanding the Process Behind Mobile Notary Services
Mobile notary services are becoming increasingly popular as they provide convenience and flexibility. However, it is important to understand the process behind these services to ensure that all parties involved are protected.
The notarization process requires you to:
- Schedule a notary appointment online or call for availability
- Make sure you and all other required signers are present before the notary when signing the document
- Coordinate with witness schedules to ensure they can arrive on time for the appointment with their government-issued ID (if witnesses are required)
- Provide a copy of the document you want to sign and have notarized
- Provide a valid and current government-issued photo ID, such as a valid driver’s license or passport. (If this is not available, please advise your notary.)
- Document printing services are available
- Shipping/courier services available if needed
Notarize with Confidence Today!
Since 2012, American River Notary & Apostille has helped countless businesses and customers get their documents notarized. We are available 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Saturday and on Sunday by special request to help you with anything you need, so contact us any time with questions.
We’ll always be here to provide you with the assistance you need to get your work done right the first time. Call (530) 354-2400 to discuss your unique notary needs or visit americanrivernotary. to schedule online.